Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Holiday Party


This explosively colorful, two-tier cake was for the Nauset Press holiday party and the launch of their latest publication, Caitlin Grace McDonnell's Looking for Small Animals. Nauset Press, started a year ago by a talented friend of mine Karyn Kloumann, is an online publisher of idiosyncratic books and curator of beautiful and affordable prints and photographs. We had the pleasure of making another custom cake for Karyn a few months back, the Kraken cake. She requested the same flavors for the holiday party that she had requested for the Kraken cake---coconut cake lightly soaked with a toasted coconut syrup and slathered with sweet mango cream. YUM.


Karyn also requested that we make the cake decorations match the brightly colored flags that she had made for the party. Me and my handy Xacto knife were happy to oblige.


I was also invited me to the party---artwork and books, drinks, snacks and of course CAKE.  And I got to cut and serve the cake myself, which was a first for me and a super start to the holiday season.

1 comment: